- Location: Cardiff
- Start Date: asap
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Permanent
- Category: Adult Services
- Salary: £34958.00
- Apply Now
Head of Finance – £34,958.00 pa
New Directions work very closely with a client that provide Hostel accommodation for the homeless and we are currently recruiting on behalf of them for a Head office role based in Cardiff : Head of finance.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the required skill set as mentioned below.
Salary – £34,958 per annum
Hours – Monday to Friday (9am-5pm) (some flexibility required)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Head of Finance will be accountable for the effective delivery of the organisation’s financial strategy, achieved by ensuring the function’s efficient operation and working to enhance its value to the organisation, driving the function forward through management and development of a team of five as well as working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- To provide internal and external stakeholders with accurate, reliable, and timely financial information and analysis of the organisations and individual project finances.
- To lead and co-ordinate the annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
- To be responsible for the reporting against progress of set financial KPIS’s to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees.
- To oversee the organisation’s cash forecasting and treasury function, building and maintaining relationships with third party stakeholders.
- To provide information to the Senior Leadership team to assess the financial risk of new tenders and other funding opportunities.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with Senior Operational Managers.
- To support the induction of the organisations management team to ensure compliance and understanding of financial policies and procedures and provide training when necessary.
- To line manage and develop the Finance management team, ensuring that all activities are carried out in conjunction with any legal and regulatory requirements.
- To deputise for the Director of Finance when required.
ORGANISATIONAL VALUES AND POLICIES
All role holders within the organisation are expected to live the organisational values and to demonstrate throughout the work they do, and the manner in which they do it, these values. In addition, all role holders are expected to either be compliant with, or act as a role model for, organisational policies and requirements.
- Level 5 qualification in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Relevant full (or part qualified) accountancy qualification with one of the UK accountancy bodies
- Diploma in Charity Accounting
Knowledge/ Technical/ Work based skills
- Ability to analyse complex financial information and communicate results and options for decision-making clearly and succinctly
- Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical and problem -solving skills
- Ability to operate flexibly to manage a varied and high workload with conflicting priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to represent and promote the finance function and its policies
- Knowledge of relevant charity and financial legislation, accounting conventions and best practice
- Experience of managing a finance function in a large/complex organisation
- Knowledge and experience of accounting and payroll software packages
- Team leadership and management
- Experience of strategic planning
- Experience of Dynamics 365 accounting software package
- Experience of overseeing the development of accounting software packages
- Charity / third sector experience
- Resilience and determination
- Able to speak and understand Welsh (not essential)
- Driving licence and access to own vehicle
Our client is looking to fill this role ASAP so if you are interested please get in touch with us on 02920390150 opt 1 .
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th March 2021