- Location: Carmarthenshire - South Wales
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Care Work
- Job Ref: AM
- Salary: £8.50 - £9.50 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for a 44 Bed Care Home in the Llanelli area. Situated in a central location within the town, local amenities are readily accessible. The home is a family run business and prides itself on a welcoming atmosphere. Candidates will find the working environment relaxed yet engaging and will provide a range of care needs to service users.
Ideal Candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Valid Manual Handling Passport (Will need to be verified)
• First Aid Training
• Work on shift patterns including weekends and holidays
• Have, or complete a DBS on the update service
• May be required to carry out personal care
• Provide exceptional service to all client groups
To be considered for this role you must have the minimum of 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience within the social care sector.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 28th November 2019