- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Homelessness, Support Work, Tenancy Support
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £8.21 - £9.50 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Recruitment are currently looking to recruit multiple support workers in the Cardiff area.
Our clients work towards providing support and guidance to young adults 16+ who face homelessness.
• Multiple Residential Support Workers wanted
• PAY RATE – £8.21 – £9.50 PER HOUR
• Ideally hold a valid driver’s license
(Ideally hold a level 3 QCF (Health and social care) At least 1 year’s relevant experience of the role & have the ability and passion to connect with young people & Adults).
You will need to be either registered with social care Wales or have at least applied to register.
Full time & part time hours available for the above-mentioned roles as well as potentially permanent and temporary hours.
Candidates applying should have experience in the following;
• Hold life experience and be confident in providing support and guidance in a supported living environment.
• Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties
• Complex Needs
*Experience of handling people under the influence of Alcohol/Drugs
• Multiple Learning Disabilities
• Challenging Behaviours
Duties will include;
• Supporting the development of the service user.
• Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
• To fully participate and support people within the setting.
The role of a Hostel Worker
The role of a Hostel Worker is focused on support and enabling, rather than predominantly personal care, and involves providing advice and guidance as part of a range of support activities rather than a specialist service.
Hostel Workers work in teams with other professionals, including managers, social workers, other outreach and community support workers, drug action groups, youth offending services, and with the police, education authority and schools, health authorities and housing departments etc.
Furthermore this may also include individual support and counselling via such activities as shopping with people who need care and support, taking them to appointments, developing everyday skills such as how to make a cup of tea or prepare and cook a meal safely, or simply being with them in their home environment.
During the night, you will ensure the safety of the service users are met, ensuring that the noise level is kept low and some domestic tasks.
Hostel Workers usually work in temporary housing settings with long or short-term residents, others provide support within the local community for individuals who are in supported housing or living independently.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 12th August 2019