- Location: Newport
- Start Date: asap
- Duration: ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Homeless Hostel Support Worker
- Salary: £9-£10 per hour
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced support worker within homeless hostels? Do you have a passion for helping people in need? We currently have ongoing shifts available at various homeless hostels around the Newport area.
As a support worker you will provide homelessness/ pre-resettlement support to service users with mental health and complex support needs who are currently or who are at risk of being homeless. As a support worker you will conduct a needs and risk assessment and draw up an agreed outcome-based support plan with the service user to assist her with accessing appropriate housing and/or Resettlement Services.
Other responsibilities include –
- Assessing clients’ needs
- Advising clients of their rights
- Collating and providing information on hostel vacancies and housing rights
- Maintaining accurate records such as reports and meetings minutes
- Making referrals to specialist organisations and services
- Planning and delivering workshops Applicant Requirements:
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
If you feel you would be the perfect candidate for the above role then please call New Directions on 02920390150 (option1) Alternatively send your CV across to email@example.com.
Not for you but know somebody suitable? We currently offer a £50 referral voucher so please send us their details and we can reward you with a £50 voucher if successful
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th September 2021