- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: JP
- Salary: £8-£10ph
- Apply Now
New Directions are looking to recruit Hostel Support Workers to provide support to our client in the Stroud area of Gloucestershire.
Our client’s service provides a safe place for adults who are homeless to live, and combines it with a personalised support package to tackle the root cause of their homelessness. They then work with people to source longer-term accommodation more suited to their needs. We want to ensure that once people have somewhere to live, they never become homeless again.
Your role will be working in a hostel supporting adults with drug and alcohol issues in our clients 6 bedded long stay service. Some service users may suffer with mental health and may have a personality disorder.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and due to the nature of the service you will need to have a minimum of 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar setting.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd June 2018