- Location: Swansea
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Housing
- Category: Hostel Support Workers
- Apply Now
Hostel Support Worker Swansea
Pay: 9.00 – 9.50
Type: Temporary Ongoing Hours
Support worker wanted for well established homelessness project in the Swansea area.
You will be working on a variable shift pattern so flexibility is essential & this will include waking nights.
Through your role you will be expected to possess a firm understanding of tenancy/ housing options; with particular experience within substance and alcohol misuse.
Working with the communities most vulnerable you will need to build rapports and trust quickly, allowing the time you spend with those at risk to be useful and effective.
Within this role you will have shared responsibility for the management & support of all residents and will need to be pro active to ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner.
Known barriers to your residents will consist of long-standing issues surrounding homelessness and may coincide with mental health complaints as well.
If you feel you meet the above criteria or further information on this role, please contact Adam on 01792620190 option 1
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 24th February 2021