- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £8.21 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are actively recruiting in Bristol an experienced Support Worker (Learning Disabilities)
Shifts: 7 am – 2 pm / 2 pm- 10 pm and Sleeping in
-To provide the best possible care/support to adults with mild learning disabilities.
-To work with each individual with a holistic approach, considering social, physical, cultural, emotional and spiritual aspects of the service users’ well being, and to assist each individual to develop their potential to the full and sustain their rights.
Working with people with learning disabilities brings daily variety, fun and challenges to your working week and if this is for you it will be one of the most rewarding and satisfying careers.
All you need is a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th April 2019