- Location: Gloucestershire - South West
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: From £8.50 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are looking to recruit on behalf of our Client for a Learning Support Assistant in the South Gloucestershire area.
Our client believes in a vision of holistic education, care and therapy whilst being committed to strong academic progress, as demonstrated through an incredible range of different activities in our adapted curriculum.
The main focus of this role is to facilitate learning across the broad curriculum and to facilitate the building of positive and appropriate relationships with peers. This may mean dealing with challenging behaviour.
As a Learning Support Assistant you will be asked to assist the class teacher in delivering pupil’s education. This includes contributing to planning, preparation of differentiated resources and individual instruction. This will also include recording of learning and assessment.
· Ability to innovate in learning experiences.
· Outstanding communication skills.
· Be prepared to advocate for the Pupils right to outstanding educational experiences.
· Understand the Education, Health and Care plans and how they apply to the learning and development of each pupil.
· Experience with learning disabled children or young adults.
· Interest in and empathy with children or young adults with learning disabilities.
· Interest in Camphill Curative Education.
· Team worker, also able to work independently.
· Open to offering guidance and support for personal care.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th November 2018