- Location: South Wales
- Job Type: Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Services
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: From £8.72 per hour depending on experience and job role
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently recruiting for various positions within the child residential sector.
We are looking to fill multiple permanent vacancies with various clients we work closely with and also looking to bring on board as many Temporary workers as possible, to support these clients as and when needed. These clients are based across the South Wales area.
Positions we are currently looking to recruit for are:
- Registered Children’s home Manager’s
- Deputy Manager’s
- Team Leaders
- Senior Residential support workers (Multiple Temp and Perm Vacancies’)
- Residential support workers (Multiple Temp and Perm Vacancies’)
** Ideally, you will hold a QCF Level 3 qualification in Children & young people and be registered with social care Wales. However, we are currently recruiting for qualified and non-qualified support workers. **
Candidates applying should have experience in the following as well as meeting the above:
- Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviours
- Asperger Syndrome
- Supporting the development of the children and Young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
Did you know?
- Being registered with us gives you the opportunity to work in different environments within the social care sector which can lead to you finding something that you really enjoy and potentially a new permanent role.
- You can be registered with us in line with any existing job you currently have.
- Our website will keep you up to date with any vacancies we are currently trying to fill.
So, if you are currently looking for something knew or looking to bump up your current income, please contact us on 02920390150 option 1 if interested in getting registered or for more details on any of the roles we are currently advertising.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th October 2020