- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £8.50 to £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are actively recruiting in Bristol for an experienced Support Worker in the mental health sector.
Our client provides community based solutions to people with complex unmet needs that are transitioning out of psychiatric hospital, or are at risk of readmission.
You will be a caring, reliable, supportive, empathetic and able to cope with stressful situations.
In return for your experience we offer competitive and weekly pay, free online training, flexible shifts, holiday pay and the opportunity to build your experience and knowledge.
All you need is a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
We can offer flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work. Apply
The role of a Mental Health Support Worker
Mental health support workers support people with long term mental health problems, helping them to adapt to ordinary life within the community by developing coping skills rather than being institutionalised in a hospital.
Their role is to support individuals to live as independently as possible, often following illness. Their work is predominantly support and enabling, rather than personal care, and involves providing advice and guidance as part of a range of support activities rather than a specialist service. Support may be provided in supported living accommodation, a hostel or day centre.
Everyone working in adult social care needs English, number, digital and employability skills. Different roles require a different level of skill. Here are a few examples of the core skills you might need as a mental health support worker;
- Speaking skills to give people information;
- Team working skills to work with other professionals and services such as social workers and education and health authorities;
- Digital skills to research activities in the local area;
- Time management skills;
- Problem solving skills to provide advice to someone.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 24th September 2019