- Location: Bristol
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Mental Health Support Worker
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: £9.00 - £10.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are actively recruiting in the Bristol and surrounding areas for experienced support workers in the mental health sector.
We are working with a national care provider on an agency basis to provide relief staff to work alongside the experienced staff teams. Shift patterns are flexible and we have day shifts as well as night shifts available.
As an ambassador of New Directions, you will have had 3 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in social care / healthcare and have a keen passion for the sector.
You will be working hand’s on with services users who have conditions such as schizophrenia, acquired brain injury, depression and suffer from alcohol /substance misuse. Working in a residential setting your role will involve encouraging independence, assisting in the community, prompting personal care and working as part of a team.
In return we can offer flexible hours, excellent hourly rate and FREE training; you will also be working as an integral part of the social care team.
The role of a Mental Health Support Worker
Mental health support workers support people with long term mental health problems, helping them to adapt to ordinary life within the community by developing coping skills rather than being institutionalised in a hospital.
Their role is to support individuals to live as independently as possible, often following illness. Their work is predominantly support and enabling, rather than personal care, and involves providing advice and guidance as part of a range of support activities rather than a specialist service. Support may be provided in supported living accommodation, a hostel or day centre.
Everyone working in adult social care needs English, number, digital and employability skills. Different roles require a different level of skill. Here are a few examples of the core skills you might need as a mental health support worker;
- Speaking skills to give people information;
- Team working skills to work with other professionals and services such as social workers and education and health authorities;
- Digital skills to research activities in the local area;
- Time management skills;
- Problem solving skills to provide advice to someone.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 3143512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th October 2020