- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £9.00 to £9.50 /hour
- Apply Now
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking a flexible job to build on their knowledge and experience within the Social Care sector.
Your role will involve supporting service users with practical and emotional care and support, enabling them to have fulfilled lives and gain further independence
You will be involved in the personal care and meeting the psychological needs of a diverse group of service users with varying degrees of mental and physical issues. You will be caring and supportive with the skills to build strong and trusting relationships with people and able to cope with stressful situations.
In return for your experience we offer competitive and weekly pay, free online training, flexible shifts (Days, evenings, nights, weekends), holiday pay and the opportunity to build your experience and knowledge.
If you like the idea of making a difference to people’s lives and would like to have flexibility when you work and where you work, then please click on Apply.
The role of a Mental Health Support Worker
Mental health support workers support people with long term mental health problems, helping them to adapt to ordinary life within the community by developing coping skills rather than being institutionalised in a hospital.
Their role is to support individuals to live as independently as possible, often following illness. Their work is predominantly support and enabling, rather than personal care, and involves providing advice and guidance as part of a range of support activities rather than a specialist service. Support may be provided in supported living accommodation, a hostel or day centre.
Everyone working in adult social care needs English, number, digital and employability skills. Different roles require a different level of skill. Here are a few examples of the core skills you might need as a mental health support worker;
- Speaking skills to give people information;
- Team working skills to work with other professionals and services such as social workers and education and health authorities;
- Digital skills to research activities in the local area;
- Time management skills;
- Problem solving skills to provide advice to someone.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd January 2019