- Location: South West
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Child Care
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £8.50 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting a nursery assistant in Clifton, Bristol
As a New Directions candidate, you will have the opportunity to pick up work in a variety of settings either on a full-time, part-time, flexible basis or get a permanent job. We offer great rates of pay, regular work, free refresher training and dedication to customer service.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a pre school, providing care and support to the under 5s and creating a fun and happy environment for the children to play and learn. The role includes play work, activities and support with feeding, personal care and working with the staff/ team on daily tasks.
All you need is Level 3 and a minimum 6 months paid experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
Apply now. Interviews available!!
The role of a Nursery Nurse
A job working with children, whether in a nursery, play scheme or out of school club, is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and you could be organising group activities or working with a child on a one-to-one basis.
- to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery;
- to give support to other staff in the nursery;
- to implement the daily routine within the nursery.
Nursery Nurses will need a Level 2 qualification in childcare or above. The Department for Education (DfE) has information on all approved childcare qualifications. http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/index.shtml
If you don’t have a Level 2 qualification, you can start out by working as a nursery assistant where you’ll be supervised by more experienced staff.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- planning and supervising activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking;
- helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games;
- taking children on outings;
- feeding and changing babies;
- observing children and making notes to write reports;
- making sure children are safe and well.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th March 2019