- Location: Conwy
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Bank/Temp to Perm
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Nursery Nurse, Nursery Nurse Assistant
- Job Ref: Nursery-NW
- Salary: 9.50
- Apply Now
Are you a Nursery Nurse/ NVQ level 3, looking for the opportunity to work as part of our friendly, dynamic and innovative multi professional team where your very special skills will be recognised?
New Directions are looking for a Nursery Nurses to work across multiple nurseries throughout North Wales.
The successful applicants will be required to cover day to day and long term requirements as and when required. You will need to have an excellent knowledge and passion for supporting children in Early Education setting, be self- motivated and dedicated about the wellbeing of the children.
The role of a Nursery Nurse
A job working with children, whether in a nursery, play scheme or out of school club, is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and you could be organising group activities or working with a child on a one-to-one basis.
- to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery;
- to give support to other staff in the nursery;
- to implement the daily routine within the nursery.
Nursery Nurses will need a Level 2 qualification in childcare or above. The Department for Education (DfE) has information on all approved childcare qualifications. http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/index.shtml
If you don’t have a Level 2 qualification, you can start out by working as a nursery assistant where you’ll be supervised by more experienced staff.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- planning and supervising activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking;
- helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games;
- taking children on outings;
- feeding and changing babies;
- observing children and making notes to write reports;
- making sure children are safe and well.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 27th July 2021