- Location: Cardiff
- Start Date: asap
- Duration: ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Nursery Nurse Assistant
- Salary: £9-£10 per hour
- Apply Now
Nursery Nurse/Nursery Assistants wanted!
Location: Newport & Cardiff
Salary: NLW – £9.50 per hour
Are you passionate about supporting and nurturing young children in their Nursery years?
Are you currently looking to pick up the odd few shifts here and there on a temporary basis or an ongoing booking?
…We can help with both!
With Nurseries slowly returning to some kind of normality, we are currently recruiting for Level 3 qualified nursery nurses and nursery assistants in Newport, Cardiff and the surrounding areas.
Offering support and guidance and providing a fun yet educational safe haven for young children aged 0yrs – 5yrs old.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in childcare, providing care and support to the under 5s and creating a fun and happy environment for the children to play and learn. The role includes play work, activities and support with feeding, personal care and working with the staff/ team on daily tasks.
- Great rates of pay.
- Regular work.
- Free refresher training.
- Accruing holiday pay!
In order to apply for this position, you must have a minimum of 3 months experience in childcare work.
To find out more or to apply for this role please contact Keri Evans on 02920390150 opt 1 or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of a Nursery Nurse
A job working with children, whether in a nursery, play scheme or out of school club, is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and you could be organising group activities or working with a child on a one-to-one basis.
- to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery;
- to give support to other staff in the nursery;
- to implement the daily routine within the nursery.
Nursery Nurses will need a Level 2 qualification in childcare or above. The Department for Education (DfE) has information on all approved childcare qualifications. http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/index.shtml
If you don’t have a Level 2 qualification, you can start out by working as a nursery assistant where you’ll be supervised by more experienced staff.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- planning and supervising activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking;
- helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games;
- taking children on outings;
- feeding and changing babies;
- observing children and making notes to write reports;
- making sure children are safe and well.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th July 2021