- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Child Care
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £8.50 to £9.00 /hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for a qualified Nursery Nurse / Nursery Assistant for our nursery’s clients in Bristol. We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and provide a high quality of care and education to children at all times. Keeping children safe, happy and well looked after through appropriately meeting their daily care needs, nursery nurses play a vital role.
About the Role:
Making sure that children are safe, happy and stimulated
Communicating information to children using play
Encouraging children’s development
Creating a child friendly environment
Finding ways to stimulate children particularly those with special and sensory needs
In return for your experience we offer competitive and weekly pay, free online training, flexible shifts, holiday pay and the opportunity to build your experience and knowledge.
A Nursery Nurse Assistant works with guidance to assist in the provision of a high standard of care for children placed in their care within the nursery. This individual will also give support to all other personnel within the nursery and assist with the planning and delivery of the daily routine within their allocated room in the nursery.
Hours of work are dependent on the specific environment; typically a Nursery Nurse Assistant will work during the day between the hours of 7am and 6pm.
It is imperative that a Nursery Nurse Assistant will pass a police check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Clients in the sector often also request the following training of employees:
- A First Aid Qualification
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
Nursery Nurse Assistants can study teaching, child care, social work, education or subject specific teaching.
A Nursery Nurse Assistant plays an important role in assisting in the care of young children. Responsible for the planning and organisation of educational activities and ensuring that children’s personal needs are catered for.
A Nursery Nurse Assistant will take care of, play with or teach children who are in their care. They must be highly trustworthy and attentive to children’s needs.
A Nursery Nurse Assistant is responsible for:
- Supervising children/ infants during play time
- Engaging children in learning and other activities
- Keeping and updating records
- Working with other team members
- Maintaining high standards
- Attending staff meetings when required
Skills for a Nursery Nurse Assistant
- Working and playing with young children
- Proactive and motivated
- Communication and listening skills
- Flexible and understanding
- Initiative and time management
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th February 2019