- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Child Care
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £19,500 per annum
- Apply Now
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Nursery Nurse to work in a two to three year old’s provision of a large nursery in Bristol.
The nursery provides a child centred approach, where sense of belonging and respect nurtures a dynamic learning environment where professionals work in line with current national and local statutory and non-statutory frameworks and our policies and procedures.
The Nursery cares and contributes to the development and education of children from three months to five years old in three distinctive provisions. In all provisions, children access free flow play and adult planned activities based on children’s interests.
We require you to have experience within a similar setting.
The role of a Nursery Nurse
A job working with children, whether in a nursery, play scheme or out of school club, is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and you could be organising group activities or working with a child on a one-to-one basis.
- to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery;
- to give support to other staff in the nursery;
- to implement the daily routine within the nursery.
Nursery Nurses will need a Level 2 qualification in childcare or above. The Department for Education (DfE) has information on all approved childcare qualifications. http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/index.shtml
If you don’t have a Level 2 qualification, you can start out by working as a nursery assistant where you’ll be supervised by more experienced staff.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- planning and supervising activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking;
- helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games;
- taking children on outings;
- feeding and changing babies;
- observing children and making notes to write reports;
- making sure children are safe and well.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th October 2018