- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £7.85 to £8.50 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting for Nursery Nurses in Newport for a specific Nursery that we currently work closely with.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in childcare, providing care and support to the under 5’s and creating a fun and happy environment for the children to play and learn. The role includes play work, activities and support with feeding, personal care and working with the team on daily tasks.
In order to apply for this position, you must have:
· A minimum of six months experience in childcare work.
· Hold a Level 3 Qualification in childcare., such as CACHE, CCLD or an early years degree
· Ideally be a driver, although this isn’t a necessity.
If you are not looking for permanent work, you can register as a New Directions candidate, which will give you the opportunity to pick up work in a variety of settings either on a full time, part time or flexible basis.
The role of a Nursery Nurse
A job working with children, whether in a nursery, play scheme or out of school club, is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and you could be organising group activities or working with a child on a one-to-one basis.
- to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery;
- to give support to other staff in the nursery;
- to implement the daily routine within the nursery.
Nursery Nurses will need a Level 2 qualification in childcare or above. The Department for Education (DfE) has information on all approved childcare qualifications. http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/index.shtml
If you don’t have a Level 2 qualification, you can start out by working as a nursery assistant where you’ll be supervised by more experienced staff.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- planning and supervising activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking;
- helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games;
- taking children on outings;
- feeding and changing babies;
- observing children and making notes to write reports;
- making sure children are safe and well.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th February 2019