- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Child Care
- Job Ref: SR
- Salary: £8.00-£9.00 per hour depending on experience
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruting for a well known client within the Swansea area looking for a qualified nursery nurse to oversee, maintain and organise a child friendly environment.
The right person for this role:
- Must Have a Cache Level 3 or equivalent
- Must have experience within a similar environment
- Working with children ranging form 3months – 5 years
- Also offering after school care for children up to the age of 12 years
- Able to work shifts ranging between 7.30am -6pm
- Looking for an immediate start/ temporary work
This role will involve you working closely with the current diverse team to help create a wonderful learning environment in which children feel nurtured, supported and loved. The client aims for their staff and children to spend as much time as possible in their extensive outdoor area, and provides a range of resources. The nursery offers a full day, school day, half day and before or after school service.
The role of a Nursery Nurse
A job working with children, whether in a nursery, play scheme or out of school club, is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and you could be organising group activities or working with a child on a one-to-one basis.
- to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery;
- to give support to other staff in the nursery;
- to implement the daily routine within the nursery.
Nursery Nurses will need a Level 2 qualification in childcare or above. The Department for Education (DfE) has information on all approved childcare qualifications. http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/index.shtml
If you don’t have a Level 2 qualification, you can start out by working as a nursery assistant where you’ll be supervised by more experienced staff.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- planning and supervising activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking;
- helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games;
- taking children on outings;
- feeding and changing babies;
- observing children and making notes to write reports;
- making sure children are safe and well.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th November 2019