- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: £9.00 - £10.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for support workers that have had previous experience with ex-offenders. We supply agency staff to probationary service in Cardiff and have a continuous requirement for support workers that have at least 6 months paid experience within a similar setting.
We have a range of shifts available on an adhoc basis including days and nights. You have the flexibility to pick and choose the ones that suit you.
- Actively promoting client’s involvement at all times
- Working with clients to assess and identify their support needs
- Establishing supportive and professional relationships with clients
- Maintenance and cleanliness of the premises.
Necessary skills and experience:
- An understanding of why people have offended, and the needs and challenges they face to establish themselves back in the community.
- Experience of working within a hostel environment supporting clients with complex needs such as homelessness, substance misuse, ex-offenders and mental health issues
- Ability to cope with customers who display challenging behaviour
- A good standard of written and oral English
- A good level of IT skills
- Ability to work shifts on a rota basis including days and nights.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th November 2019