- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Substance Misuse, Support Work
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for temporary workers to work in the National Probation Service Approved Premises team in Cardiff. The Approved Premise operates on a 24 hours basis throughout the year with all sites permanently manned by a minimum 2 members of staff.
Approved Premises provide residential accommodation in the community for offenders assessed as posing high risk of harm to the public, victims and children, as well as those having complex resettlement needs.
The right candidate will work as part of a team providing 24 hour cover at an Approved Premises (AP) including security and monitoring services. They will provide assistance and support to offenders in Approved Premises to reduce their risk of reoffending, recall or breach of the condition of their licence or Court Order.
In line with NPS policies and procedures, you must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do.
Duties involved include:
- Undertaking room searches, packing up residents possessions as directed.
- Supporting the arrangement and delivery of purposeful activities for residents within the premises
- Supervising residents’ meals
- Undertaking effective induction of residents
- Undertaking alcohol and drugs tests as requested by the Manager
- Undertaking First Aid if a resident is injured or self-harms.
- Maintaining hostel records and files as required, including data entry as necessary and contribute to the completion of incident reports
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th February 2020