- Location: Blaenau Gwent
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Registered Children's Home Manager
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £34,000 - £39,000 per annum
- Apply Now
New Directions Recruitment are currently looking to recruit for Registered Children’s Home Manager for a specific children’s home in the Ebbw Vale area that we have worked with for a long time.
It is a 6 bed Children’s residential setting and is generally at full capacity.
Our client works towards providing young people with the greatest opportunity to grow intellectually and morally within an environment which is safe and nurturing.
Details for this particular role are:
- Children’s Home Registered Manager – Salary – £34k – £39k pa (Negotiable dependant on experience).
- Must hold level 5 QCF (Children and young people/Management)
- Hold at least 3 years’ experience of managing at this level in a children’s residential setting.
- Confident in their ability to run a home of 6 resident young people & 12 staff whilst maintaining the smooth running of the home and also managing staff to their full potential and developing them and the young people at every opportunity.
- Our client have been recruiting for this role for some time as they are looking for the right candidate that can come in and transform the dynamic of this setting and really take control of the whole set up by leading from the front and gelling with the staff and young people, whilst maintaining the professional boundaries. The ability to manage many personalities would be key in a setting of this size.
*(Any applicant currently under investigation need not apply)
*(Applicants with only experience of working with Adults will not be considered)
Candidates applying should have experience in the following as well as meeting the above:
- Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviours
- Asperger Syndrome
- Additional duties to the managerial duties will include;
- Supporting the development of the children and Young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
Interested in this role?
Get in touch with Gareth Ford on 02920390150 – opt 1 (ASAP)
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st May 2020