- Location: Oxfordshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Registered Children's Home Manager
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: £41,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for an experienced Registered Manager for a brand new children’s home on the outskirts of Oxford.
The home will accommodate up to five young people with social, emotional and mental health needs. All of the young people will take advantage of an onsite learning centre to help them achieve their goals and objectives from an education perspective.
Our client prides themselves on providing an excellent level of care, because of this they require an experienced, self-sufficient manager in managing an Ofsted rated Good or Outstanding children’s home. Your expertise should come with a professional qualification: the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England) or equivalent.
The right candidate for this role needs to be enthusiastic, resilient and good with people, you’ll have the judgement to make key decisions and will be able to inspire, develop and grow exceptional teams and the leaders of tomorrow. A full driving licence is a must for this role.
Our client is not only offering a market leading salary but they are also rolling out the below benefits to ensure you as a Manager is rewarded with a generous package.
- Bonus of up to 30% of your salary each year
- £1,000 annual attendance bonus
- 5% contributory pension
- Life Insurance based on two times your annual base salary
- 35 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- BUPA Healthcare
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 3143512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th July 2020