- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Registered Children's Home Manager
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £32,000 - £39,000 per annum
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently recruiting for a well-established and suitably qualified Children’s Residential Home Manager to work on a full time, permanent basis for one of our long-term client’s settings in the Rhondda Cynon Taff, in Wales.
This client offers excellent rates of pay, comprehensive training and on-going personal development.
The setting is a home for young people with emotional & behavioural disorders.
As the Manager you will be responsible for the effective and efficient implementation and management of the Children’s home, operating within an agreed annual budget. You will have full responsibility for the day to day running and operation of the service, supported by a team of staff to ensure the children’s welfare, safety and needs are at the centre of all care. Responsible for all effective deployment of staff across the service, referrals, admissions and care practice. The Registered Manager must meet the relevant Care Inspectorate for Wales (CIW) fitness requirements to fulfil the role.
QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People qualification is essential as is the QCF Level 5 in leadership and management to be eligible for this role. Successful applicants will need to have previous experience of managing young people with Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties & and must be registered with social care Wales.
As the Registered Manager, you’ll be required to undertake the following:
– Accountability for all aspects of service provision
– Delivery of a service which is economically viable and where resources are managed effectively
– Responsibility for service which must meet CSSIW essential standards
– Management of a team of senior staff members and their performance
– Management of budgets
The ideal candidate must hold QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Children and Young People’s Residential Management) Wales or an acceptable predecessor qualification and have at least five years’ experience (two of which must be in a management position) in residential childcare.
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd June 2020