- Location: Wiltshire - South West
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Management
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £34,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
- Apply Now
Do you hold a Level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent? Do you have previous quality experience working in a children home?
New Directions is currently seeking an experienced Children`s home Registered Residential Manager in the Bishopstrow, Wiltshire.
You would be part of an organisation who offering homes to children and young people who have experienced trauma in their early years and EBD.
Managing the challenges of daily life can require high levels of support, understanding and therapeutic intervention Our client`s overall aim is to provide the caring environment that children deserve in ways that enrich their lives.
The role will require you to lead a team of up to fifteen staff members in order to meet the needs of vulnerable young people.
Competitive salary: £34,00 -40,000 Per Annum (Depend of experience)
We recognise the intensity of the role and the hard work and dedication of our team by providing:
Market leading, highly competitive rates of pay
Regular training and supervision, with plenty of development opportunities
Clear promotion opportunities
Company pension scheme
The safety of our young people is paramount – we undertake a rigorous recruitment and vetting process, with a thorough induction process for successful applicants.
If you feel you are suited for the role or just have a general enquiry then please send your CV over or contact us directly on.
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 24th January 2019