- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Management
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £40,000 per annum
- Apply Now
We are looking for someone to work in a developing service for adults with learning disabilities.
You will need experience as a Registered Manager or an acting Manager and will be expected to be motivated to improving the physical and emotional well-being of individuals in our care. You will be skilled in not only managing, but also leading your team by your own high standards of care.
As the registered Manager you will be responsible for and will support staff to:
· Develop and review person centred plans.
· Enable service users to access community, holiday and learning opportunities.
· Communicate and liaise with families and outside agencies.
· Encourage reflective working practice within the team and individual staff development through supervisions and appraisals.
· Create and maintain service plans that promote continual improvement.
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd March 2018