- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Management
- Job Ref: CC
- Salary: Between £33,000 and £39,000 per year
- Apply Now
Do you have what it takes to hold the title of a Registered Manager? Already have experience or up for a new challenge?
New Directions are looking for a qualified registered manager in the Bristol area.
Your new company have a unique, holistic outlook on education and believe in providing the best opportunity for young people to develop their potential, real confidence and belief in themselves.
- Be an active member of the Senior Leadership Team
Ensure the provision of high standard or residential care for young people, offering advice and guidance across the education settings.
- Ensure the company meets the day-to-day safety, social, emotional, behavioural, spiritual and welfare needs of all the young people.
- To ensure that all regulatory requirements of the Children’s Home regulations and other relevant standards and regulations are met.
- To promote the highest standards of care, drawing on a sound understanding of best practice in child welfare and current and relevant regulatory requirements.
- To offer professional leadership and personal support to staff members to enable them to achieve agreed outcomes.
- To monitor and evaluate the behaviour support framework ensuring that all staff are trained in an appropriate positive behaviour support approach and to ensure the development of effective individual behaviour support strategies.
You will have:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (QCF or equivalent)
- Qualification in Child or Adult protection or evidence of formal training
- Senior management experience working in a Children’s Home
- Experience of successful management of Ofsted inspections
- Ability to maintain confident and work under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Actively support the ethos of the school
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th November 2019