- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Management
- Job Ref: NS
- Salary: From £25,000 per year
- Apply Now
New Directions are actively recruiting an ambitious, driven, and caring Registered Manager in Cardiff and Newport, to manage, develop and grow the business for one of our clients. This client prides themselves on quality and tailoring every care package to meet their client’s needs with a minimum duration of one-hour visits. It is imperative that the successful candidate can get on board with their brands core values and beliefs and are able to grow within their business and move quickly with change.
- Provide leadership, management and the highest level of support to the team, to ensure the very best outcomes in everything we do
- Accountable for the Health and Safety of staff and clients; ensuring the Health & Safety policy and procedures are always followed and providing a safe working environment
- Ensure the provision of staff training is implemented and the delivery of very high-quality care services, to vulnerable people living in their own home, is achieved consistently
- Ability to complete and continuously improve the Assessments, Risk Assessments and Care Plans to ensure the outcome of the client is achieved effectively and the customers’ expectations are exceeded
- The candidate will hold, or be working towards, an NVQ Level 4 or QCF Level 5 qualification in Health and Social Care
- Have substantial experience in managing people, and can demonstrate a positive vision of homecare and how you will influence positive change
- Must have good experience and knowledge of the care industry, in a previous similar role
- Highly determined, driven and ambitious, with the desire to make a real difference and assist in the growth of a new office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to talk passionately about our services and values to potential clients or referral sources
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th June 2019