- Location: Somerset - South West
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Management
- Job Ref: CC
- Salary: Between £30,500 – 36,000 per annum
- Apply Now
Do you have what it takes to hold the title of a Registered Manager? Already have experience or up for a new challenge?
New Directions are looking for a Registered Manager to join a residential home in Wellington. The home aims to ensure that young people are given a nurturing, caring environment which will help them to overcome any difficulties they may have encountered and offer them the best possible opportunities for healthy physical, intellectual and emotional development.
- Protect children and young people from risks tot heir health, welfare and development
- Ensure the home environment is appropriate and sensitive to the needs of the children being looked after and is compliant with the Children’s Homes Regulations including the Quality Standards
- To ensure key stages in the stay of children and young people, such has admissions and discharge are properly managed
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of induvial care plans
- Ensure that specific needs are met such as dietary requirements, religious and cultural activities
- Review development needs for staff, including induction and ongoing training compliant with the Children’s Home Regulations
- Maintain professional knowledge through reading, attending conferences and training to achieve and maintain the required qualifications for a Registered Manager
- Implement the Companies policies and procedures within the home
- Hold responsibility for the management of all budgets within agreed limits and for maintenance, motoring and oversight of all financial records and reports
- Maintain the fabric of the building, its grounds and equipment. Encourage staff and children/young people to car for the surrounding and make best use of the available resources
You will need:
- Knowledge of the Children’s Home Regulations and the Quality Standards
- Experience working with challenging young people and safeguarding vulnerable children and young people
- Demonstrate a style of leadership that ensure organisational culture of open participatory management practice
- NVQ Level 4 Care
- NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People
- Relevant management qualification
- Willingness to undertake and complete further training and development
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with children within the past 5 years or 2 years’ experience of working at a senior level in a residential setting
- Knowledge of legislations, regulations and guidance to children
- Children Protection procedures and practice
- Knowledge of OFSTED inspections grade descriptors
Your company benefits:
- Cash Plan Health Policy
- Group personal accident insurance and illness policy
- Pension scheme
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Casual dress
- Discounted/free food
- On-site parking
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th November 2019