- Location: Herefordshire - South West
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Children's Residential
- Job Ref: LH
- Salary: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care Recruitment UK are looking for Children’s Residential Support Worker to work in a 4 bedded children’s home and crisis intervention home in Hereford, England.
• The home is built on over 20 years of experience in providing treatment services for adolescent boys and girls from aged 10 up to the age of 18 into semi-independence.
• This home has a fantastic reputation by staff and families and they are only seeking to recruit due to more children being referred to the home and that need more staff.
• We are seeking staff to work a mixture of sleep ins, waking nights and long on going shift on a long term booking.
• We are looking for candidates with experience in youth worker, youth offending candidates or adolescent outreach workers (specialist female and male workers) who have a proven ability and understanding of working with teenagers in care aged 9 – 18 years of age.
• You will be supporting vulnerable and emotional teenagers who have come from broken homes and those who need support and guidance daily.
The role of a Children’s Residential Support Worker
Children’s Residential Support Workers look after the physical and mental wellbeing of children in care. Children living in a residential care home need the same kind of support and care that all children and young people need, in order to achieve the best they can in terms of their health, education and all aspects of their development.
As a residential support worker you will need to gain the trust of children and young people who for a variety of reasons need to use residential care to help them deal with issues affecting their lives. The work involves being a role model, developing good relationships and guiding children and young people in their learning, life skills and personal development. You will have an individual responsibility to comply with statutory child protection processes and make sure that children are kept safe from harm.
- the ability to get on with people of all ages and backgrounds and gain their trust;
- tact, patience and understanding;
- mental strength, to cope with challenging situations and clients.
To work in children’s homes, you must be at least 18 years old and at least 4 years older than the oldest child in the home. For this reason, many of these jobs carry a minimum age restriction of 21.
Children's Residential Support Workers will be required to hold or complete the relevant Level 3 qualification in Children & Young people.
In Wales, Residential Child Care Managers and Workers must register with the Care Council in order to practise.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Carefor more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th April 2018