- Location: Newport
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £8.72 - £10.50 per hour (dependant on experience and qualifications)
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently recruiting for qualified and non-qualified Residential Support workers to work in children’s homes across the county of Newport and the surrounding areas.
This is a fantastic opportunity for qualified staff that have previous experience working with young people that are looking for a fresh start within the sector.
The home’s generally deal with children between the ages of 8 and 18. Our client works towards providing young people with the greatest opportunity to grow intellectually and morally within an environment which is safe and nurturing. Most of these children have had challenging times in the early years of there lives and many of them do have emotional & behavioural disorders.
Candidates applying will Ideally (Not essential) hold a QCF Level 3 Children & Young people in Health & social care and be registered with social care Wales.
Must ideally have experience in the following;
- Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviours
- Asperger Syndrome
Duties will include;
- Supporting the development of the children and Young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
Please contact Gareth Ford on 02920390150 option 1 ASAP if interested in this role.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 24th September 2020