- Location: Herefordshire - Midlands
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: Hourly rate - £8.21 - £10.00 per hour (Dependent on experience and position applied for)
- Apply Now
New Directions Recruitment are currently looking to recruit for various positions in various children’s homes in the Hereford areas.
Our client’s work towards providing young people with the greatest opportunity to grow intellectually and morally within an environment which is safe and nurturing.
We are looking to recruit for the following position’s:
- Non-qualified Residential Support Workers
- Qualified Residential Support Workers
- Senior Residential Support Workers
- Team Leaders
- Deputy Managers
- Registered Children’s Home Manager
Hourly rate – £8.21 – £10.00 per hour (Dependent on experience and position applied for)
(Ideally hold a level 3 QCF (Health and social care/ children and young people) At least 1 year’s relevant experience of the role & have the ability and passion to connect with young people).
Candidates applying should have experience in the following;
- Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviours
- Asperger Syndrome
Duties will include;
- Supporting the development of the children and Young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th November 2019