- Location: Cardiff
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Services, Nursery Nurse, Nursery Nurse Assistant
- Apply Now
We are recruiting on behalf of our client , a large nursery setting based in the center of Cardiff. They are actively looking for someone to take on the role of section leader.
Reporting to the Day Care Manager, this role will have a degree of autonomy, and exercise a high level of judgment regarding the operation of the Day Care Service .
- The Section Leader is responsible for the care of children within a certain age group and supervising Nursery Nurses and Nursery Assistants in the relevant section.
- It is expected that the role holder will deputize for the Manager on a rota basis and be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager.
The post holder will provide the leadership and operational management of the service in providing high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Care.
- Level 5 Advanced Practice in Child Care and Management With following qualification before achieving level 5: BTEC Diploma in Child Care, CACHE Diploma in Nursery Nursing, NNEB or NVQ Level 3 in Child Care, BA Early Years
- Minimum age 21 years
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field of childcare
- Experience of supervising and motivating a team.
- Proven ability to communicate information effectively and professionally with a wide range of people.
- Evidence of ability to work to deadlines, planning, setting and monitoring team priorities.
- Ability to exercise personal responsibility and initiative
- Satisfactory compliance with medical and CRB checks
- Ability to undertake duties without close supervision
- A mature approach and good interpersonal skills associated with working in a team.
- To supervise and care for children. Ensure we deliver a high quality of care and act in accordance with regulatory requirements. Organise and co-ordinate a schedule of activities for the children within the section in consultation with the Day Care Manager. Keep an up-to-date plan of activities: these must be broken down into weekly plans. Set up and manage key worker groups. Check staff key-worker books: ensure they are up to date, neat, tidy and spelling is correct. Be aware of each child’s developmental stage. Ensure all staff in the section are informed of and understand each child’s dietary requirements. Dietary sheets in kitchen are up to date, neat and tidy so all staff can read them.
- To supervise the nursery nurses / assistants in the appropriate section. Give appropriate advice and guidance when required to team members. Operate monthly room meetings. Give team members adequate advance notice of when these meetings will happen so they can come forward with agenda items. Ensure all staff sign the notes of these meetings and absences are noted.
- Ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties.
- Abide and promote throughout the department University policies on Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity.
- To assist the Manager in managing and ensuring that all Day Care operations comply with statutory requirements.
Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
When deputising in manager’s absence:
- Complete staffing schedules while maintaining staff shift patterns.
- Ordering, receipting and entering invoices onto ORACLE.
- Monitoring ratio’s and providing cover when required.
- Deal with any queries from parents and visitors.
- Regularly check crèche e-mails and respond accordingly.
- Supervise all staff making sure everyone is in ratio and carrying out duties.
If you are interested in this role please contact Gareth Ford asap on 02920390150 option 1.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th January 2021