- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for fulltime permanent Senior Residential Support workers to work in a children’s home in Gilfach Goch, RCT. ( + other area’s!)
This is a fantastic opportunity for qualified staff that have previous experience working with young people that are looking for a fresh start within the sector.
The home is newly renovated and has the capacity to support 4 children between the ages of 8 and 18. Our client works towards providing young people with the greatest opportunity to grow intellectually and morally within an environment which is safe and nurturing.
Candidates applying must have a minimum of a QCF Level 3 health and social Children and young people and should have experience of dealing with the following:
- Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviours
- Asperger Syndrome
Duties will include;
- Supporting the development of the children and Young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
- Working for a well-respected organisation within the sector
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Above market pay rates
- Fantastic holiday allowance
- Monetary bonus after 12 months
- Quarterly bonuses for attendance
Please contact us on 02920390150 opt 1 ASAP if interested.
The role of a Children’s Residential Support Worker
Children’s Residential Support Workers look after the physical and mental wellbeing of children in care. Children living in a residential care home need the same kind of support and care that all children and young people need, in order to achieve the best they can in terms of their health, education and all aspects of their development.
As a residential support worker you will need to gain the trust of children and young people who for a variety of reasons need to use residential care to help them deal with issues affecting their lives. The work involves being a role model, developing good relationships and guiding children and young people in their learning, life skills and personal development. You will have an individual responsibility to comply with statutory child protection processes and make sure that children are kept safe from harm.
- the ability to get on with people of all ages and backgrounds and gain their trust;
- tact, patience and understanding;
- mental strength, to cope with challenging situations and clients.
To work in children’s homes, you must be at least 18 years old and at least 4 years older than the oldest child in the home. For this reason, many of these jobs carry a minimum age restriction of 21.
Children's Residential Support Workers will be required to hold or complete the relevant Level 3 qualification in Children & Young people.
In Wales, Residential Child Care Managers and Workers must register with the Care Council in order to practise.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th May 2020