- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: 9.50 ph
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently looking for either an experienced support worker looking to step up to becoming a senior or a current senior looking for a new challenge to work in a residential house for adults with learning disabilities and mental health issues.
As a Senior Support Worker you will be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our service users. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting service users in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible. Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital; experience however is not essential, providing you have a willingness to learn and the compassion and patience needed to support.
Duties will include:
· Assisting the Manager, Assistant/Deputy Manager of the Service, working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
· Providing a professional, high quality service that enables service users to achieve their aspirations and goals through empowerment and putting the service user at the centre of all we do, ensuring safety at all times.
· Assisting with the management and supervision of the staff team
What we’d like from you:
· Excellent communication skills
· Effective organisational capability
· Great team player
· Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support
· Strong “can do” attitude
What we’d like to give you:
· A competitive salary
· Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
· Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
· 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy,on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th May 2018