- Location: Bristol
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Housing
- Category: Housing
- Job Ref: CC
- Salary: £33,630 - £37,833
- Apply Now
New Directions are working with an established organisation on a new exciting opportunity, aiming to find an experienced Service Manager. The mental health charity based in Bristol and throughout the South West offer housing, support and hope to thousands of people suffering from mental health and complex needs.
- Strong knowledge of the support needs of people with mental health difficulties
- Experience of delivering significant change within services
- Work in a valued-based focused way
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with key partners
- Develop a strong performance culture
You will need:
- Experience in supporting housing or a relating field
- A caring and creative approach to working
- Experience of building positive relationships
- DBS on the update service (desired)
Your company benefits:
- Excellent training and support
- Annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- Acknowledges the commitment and dedication of employees
- Access to training courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry.
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 3143512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd September 2020