- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Adult Residential
- Job Ref: JP
- Salary: £8-£10 ph
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are looking to recruit Support Workers to work with our client in the Shirehampton are of Bristol, to help support their service users who have autism.
Our client provides residential settings as well as day centres for adults with autism. Our client aims to create an environment in which the residents can establish their own routines and where they are given the opportunity to develop as individuals.
The day centre is a purpose built building opened in June 2002. It provides very specialised day care for young people who have Autism or Asperger Syndrome.
The Day facility has a large spacious kitchen, where a wide range of skills are taught from bread making to preparation of exotic cuisine. There are two craft rooms offering a wide range of arts and craft subjects such as mosaics to fine art. For those more energetic people we offer a wide range of outward bound pursuits such as hill walking, swimming, badminton and horse-riding. There is also a wide choice of fun activities from ten-pin bowling to shopping, cinema visits and disco dancing.
Your role will be to support the service users in their activities and helping them to develope their skills.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st June 2018