- Location: Bath and North East Somerset - South West
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Apply Now
Hostel Support Worker
£9.00 -£10.00 per hour
We are currently recruiting for Hostel Support Workers to undertake ongoing temporary work in the Bath area.
We are working with our client in the area who support and provide 20 beds in their 24 access hostel based in the centre of Bath, the client also provides ongoing support through their various initiative’s.
New Directions provide a variety of shifts to include waking nights, long days and shorter shifts.
We do require you to have 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience working within a hostel setting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work in close partnership with the team and with relevant external agencies
- Support clients within the service through delivering plans which have been generated by Casework Coordinators
- Contribute to needs/risk assessments and support plans being delivered, recording and monitoring impact through review and use of outcome tools
- Give clients advice, information and provide an enabling service so that they can access appropriate services
- Facilitate the delivery of meaningful occupation for clients
- Responsible for ensuring that rent and service charge payments are made and recorded in respect of named clients Responsible for day to day health and safety and the safe running of accommodation projects, including liaison with external contactors
- If required, take part in rostered systems of working which include sleep in shifts, night and weekend working
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy,on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th February 2018