- Location: Powys
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Children's Residential
- Job Ref: SR
- Salary: From £8.50 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for a Support Worker to work within a specialist children’s unit for children with various disabilities contributing to the care of children in residential and respite placements. The children are aged between 4 and 18 years old, with a mixture of disabilities of various severity’s.
For this role:
· Must be over 22 due to legislation of the company.
· Have experience in working with disabilities.
· Either have administration of medicine training or be willing to complete an online training course.
· Have team teach training or be willing to complete the course.
· Willing to work various shifts.
· Currently registered with the Care council of Wales desirable.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th December 2018