- Location: Gloucestershire - South West
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: From £8.50 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently recruiting for a local service who are looking for a Support worker in a residential home in Gloucester.
This home focuses on the care of adults with Learning disabilities in an seven bedded service with a wide range of needs. Your role will be integral in making a difference to the service users lives. You will promote independence and be involved in some really great activates both in and out of the home.
You will be working on a flexible rota.
If this is a role that you are interested in you will need to have experience working in care. Ideally you will have worked in a residential home.
The location is easy to get to on the bus, cycling or in a car.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th November 2018