- Location: West Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: From £7.83 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Support Worker in Haverfordwest.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing care to individuals who require additional help and support, in particular experience working with individuals with Dementia, individuals suffering with physical illness/difficulties and/or ageing individuals.
We require you to work on a flexible basis full-time or part-time and you must have had at least 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar setting.
Your role will be varied but will include supporting service users in a residential setting, helping with general care duties, personal care, cleaning, assisting with medication.
Key skills we require to enable you to do the job are as follows:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic understanding of legislative requirements.
• Ability to empathise.
• Manual Handling certificate.
• Excellent team player.
• Personal care.
• Assist with mobility issues.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd November 2018