- Location: Pembrokeshire - West Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Children's Residential
- Job Ref: SR
- Salary: From £8.00 per hour
- Apply Now
We are looking for a Support Worker to work in a therapeutic residential care home, for children and young people aged between 8 and 18 years old, with challenging behaviour.
The right person for this role:
• Must be over 21 due to legislation.
• Willing to work various shift patterns including sleep ins and public holidays.
The home is very relaxed and a lovely atmosphere for both staff and residents. The home offers an education department to ensure the children have full educational support.
The home believes in the importance of family bonds throughout life and provides opportunities for families to remain involved and maintain relationships.
The employer promotes from within so career progression is available.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th October 2018