- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: MC
- Salary: From £7.83 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are looking to recruit a Support Worker for the a service based in Newport, that provide care toadults aged 20 to 50 years old.
The hours will be 35 hours per week. Rotas include five days on and two off, shift times can vary and include sleep ins. There are three tenants in the service. General activities will involve assisting with all aspects of living, attending classes, dropping off, shopping, doctors and swimming etc.
Personal care is involved.
The ideal candidate will have experience with working with learning disabilities, good empathy skills and commited.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th July 2018