New Directions are currently recruiting support workers for full time work in the Westbury on Trym area. Your role will give you flexibility to work the shifts that you want.
You will work in a residential setting for young adults with mental health issues. You will be working with the service users to work together to build their confidence and skills to re-join the community or start afresh.
Your role will be varied and include many activities to engage with the service users such as:
· Community amenities for swimming and gym
· Group walks, horse riding
· DBT group
· Community skills group
· Arts and crafts
· Outings to cinema/theatre
· Family and friend contact and visits supported
· Shared community activities with young people from our other homes
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd October 2018