- Location: West Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Care Work
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: From £7.83 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting temporary Care & Support Workers on behalf of a national client. The support workers are required for one to one care within a service users own home in the Ystradgynlais area.
Your duties may include:
· Supporting individuals with their daily activities within the service user’s home or within the wider community
· Enabling individuals to live comfortably, safely and happily within their home
· Supporting and enabling regular access to the local community
· Assisting, promoting and encouraging service user’s independence
· Support service users with personal care, nutrition, social and spiritual well-being
· Completion of daily reports as required to meet standards
· May include liaison with external agencies, local authorities and family members
· Assisting individuals to undertake hobbies, attend day services, daytime activities and outings
· Communication – excellent communication skills, written and verbal
· Have the ability to adapt style to meet clients’ needs
· Customer Service – excellent customer service skills and able to build rapport with both staff and service users
· Full UK driving licence and use of own vehicle
· Ability to speak a variety of languages
· Possess a QCF level 2 or above in Health and Social Care
· Worked in a similar setting / environment in a previous role
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd June 2018