We are looking to recruit a support worker to join one of our nicest, warm and friendly communities to support adults with learning disabilities. You will be working in various residential environments within one campus.
This is a unique setting unlike any other, you will have the chance to build meaningful relationships that will enable the service users to develop and live a fulfilling life.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, sense of fulfillment and have the chance to enjoy a strong community atmosphere where we put our staff and service users first.
Responsibilities and Duties
To provide a supportive and flexible approach which enables service users to enjoy their independence.
To plan and carry out activities ensuring that clients are supported in a personalised way.
Promote and support clients’ independence, choice, control and inclusion.
Be sensitive, yet objective, about the needs of adults with learning difficulties.
Recognise relevant information in verbal and non-verbal communication.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6 Months previous similar experience
- Full driving license recommended
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Carefor more information on this job vacancy,on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th April 2018