- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: AJ
- Salary: £7.50 - £8.50 per hour
- Apply Now
Position: Support Worker
Shifts: Days/ Evenings/ Weekends
We are looking for experienced Support Workers that have at least 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in the care sector and have a genuine passion for mental health and learning disabilities.
You will be required to work at a number of services in and around the Pontyclun area providing support to adults, learning disabilities and mental health service users.
Main responsibilities of the role include providing support, assistance and guidance to the service users, promoting person centred care and encouragement to enable the service user to live as independently as possible.
Manual handling and restraint training is essential for this role.
You would be responsible for assistance in the community, encouraging the participation of activities, building trust and good relationships, prompting personal care and working closely with family and external bodies to encourage positive outcomes at all times for the service users.
The role offers flexibility on shifts and the opportunity to work around your lifestyle, an excellent rate of pay, free training and the opportunity to work with an experienced staff team.
If you are interested in this vacancy we have immediate interviews available, please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subjected to full referencing and DBS check.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Carefor more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd November 2016