- Location: Monmouthshire - South Wales
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: MC
- Salary: £8.21 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are seeking Support Workers to join our team based in Monmouth. We have part and full time hours available.
Our client is a residential service that provides a supportive role for residents that live in supported accommodation. This is not a care role but a perfect role for somebody that enjoys a more of a catering position. Support is available for up to 8 service users that live within the service.
The ideal person will be expected to complete the following duties
- Prompting with medication.
- Cook a breakfast and lunch or evening meal for the residents.
- Maintain all aspects of health and safety within the home.
- Building relationships and promoting independence.
- Meal preparation.
- General household duties including shopping and cleaning.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th April 2019