- Location: Weston-Super-Mare - South West
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Residential, Adult Services, Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £8.50 - £9.00
- Apply Now
New Directions is recruiting Adults Support Worker Learning Disabilities
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to build on their knowledge and experience within the Social Care sector whilst at the same time having more control over the days and hours you work, giving you the flexibility to work.
Our client provides accommodation and personal care (but not nursing care) for adults over the age of 18 years old who may have intellectual/learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs or acquired brain injury, and whom might display behaviours of concern.
As a Support Worker you will have the opportunity to work with a range of individuals including those with: Autism, Challenging Behaviour and Learning Disabilities.
All you need is a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
Join our team and we will reward you with:
• Weekly pay / £8.50 – £9.00 per hour
• Holiday pay
• Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
• Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
• Recommend-a-friend scheme
• Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th April 2019