- Location: Swindon - South West
- Job Type: Full Time, Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: KK
- Salary: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care have an exciting opportunity for an experienced support worker in a 7 bed service in Swindon.
The service is part of an instantly recognisable quality car provider with a specialism in extra care and learning disability.
This role offers a temp to perm contact after a 12 week period , the company provide continuing professional development and the opportunity to undergo NVQ training and a structured career plan in line with their growth strategy. Offering an hourly rate of between £8.00 -£9.00 per hour .
You will ideally have 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in the sector and have a genuine passion for caring for others; the role offers fulltime hours on a rolling rota basis.
Main duties will involve:
- Prompting personal care as required
- Assistance with daily living
- Accompanying individuals in the community
- Key worker duties
- Updating of care plans and participating in car reviews.
- Working as an integral part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Medication administration
You will receive a full company induction to include medication training , manual handling ,infections control etc.
We have immediate interviews available.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Carefor more information on this job vacancy,on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th November 2016